Kantech Access Control Solutions
- Gain access to doors with a one-time unlock command using the EntraPass Go Pass mobile app.
- Automatically move legacy controllers to KT-1 or KT-400 door controllers eliminating the need to reprogram.
- Supports up to 20 workstations and controls hundreds of thousands of doors.
- Import/synchronize EntraPass operators and users (cardholders) with Microsoft Active Directory for centralized management.
- Automatically log into EntraPass with Windows credentials using Single Sign On in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Embedded Sybase SQL database engine
- Integrates with EntraPass Go mobile app for security on the go
- Integrates EntraPass Web (remote user platform) to manage access control, IP video, telephone entry and/or intrusion security assets
- Supports up to 50 concurrent logins of EntraPass Web and/or EntraPass Go
- Integrates with Exacq video management systems, American Dynamics DVRs/NVRs (VideoEdge, HDVR, ADTVR and Intellex), INTEVO integrated security platform and DSC PowerSeries and MAXSYS intrusion alarm panels
- Double and triple swipe card at reader (with KT-400 controller) to activate such features as: activate relay, arm alarm system and lock/unlock doors
- Auto Updater automatically updates clients/workstations when server is updated
- Integrates with ASSA ABLOY Aperio wireless locks for integrated and management lock solution
Proximity Cards and Readers
Proximity readers continuously transmit a low-level fixed radio frequency (RF) signal that provides energy to the card. When the card is held at a certain distance from the reader, the RF signal is absorbed by a small coil inside the card that powers up the card’s microchip which contains a unique identification code. Once powered, the card transmits the code to the reader. The whole process is completed in microseconds. The big advantage of proximity over other technologies lies in its simplicity. There are no moving parts, no mechanical wear, no slots, and no read heads to maintain.